Friday, September 26, 2008

A death.....

Just recently, people in Japan were shocked by a death of 6 years old boy.
Here is the story. The boy and his mom were at Play ground and she realized her boy was missing. She and some other people started a search for him . Half hour later, he was found dead at restroom near by the play ground. Mom was broken with tears. Couple days later police arrested a killer of the boy. That was his own mother who killed him.
How this could happen?
This mother was very caring, even she made him carry a cell phone with GPS so that she knows where he was and was ready to help him any time.

This mother had some physical problem and often had to ask her son for assistance as she uses restroom. The day, her son was not happy, he didn't want to assist her, and said some harsh word on her. " I don't want to have a mom who is a handy capped"
That word was a final push to make his mom to be a killer. She strangled her own son and tried to hide it.

She was depressed, lonely, suicidal... There were many reasons and factors that lead this tragedy. However not many people are talking about this boy's final word to his mother.
I know children says harsh things but not really means it. They say whatever in their heart and don't think twice before they say it. It is O.K. because they are just a kid.
Well, in this case that was not O.K. That killed him. The word changed his loving mother to a monster. He said wrong words to wrong person,,, a depressed mother.

I started to wonder,,,, Do I really understand the power of words. Am I using this powerful weapon very carefully? Have I killed anyone with word in a past? ( I should ask my own children and husband) Have I made someone a killer because of my sinful attitude and words?

Amazingly, God is teaching me about this matter at "Desiring God conference " this weekend.
The theme of this year is.....".The power of words and wonder of God. "
You can read or listen to the sessions on line at
http://www.desiringgod.org/
More than 3200 people a
re gathering Minneapolis to ponder about this heavy issue.
I will write about it later...

1 comment:

Bryan, Shi, Job, Jack said...

Hi,

My name is Bryan Morris. I am a member of Immanuel Church in Nashville, TN (immanuelnashville.org). I found your blog at Bethlehem Baptist's website. Our church wants to be involved in world missions, and I am currently looking for projects that our church can be involved with.

Are there projects that need to be done in regards to your ministry that would have tangible short-term results and and that open the door for the Gospel or facilitate the Gospel?

Thanks for your help.

Bryan Morris
615.838.1068
bmo1989@yahoo.com