Monday, September 15, 2008

A birth....

Recently, God gave me an opportunity to witness a birth. No I was not in a hospital but in a quiet coffee shop. No, a woman didn't have an emergency birth there. I am talking about the spiritual birth.

One Saturday afternoon, I was introduce to a sweet Japanese lady who was eager to learn more about the Bible and Christianity. My Friend has been a faithful witness of Christ for her . She has been laboring more than a year to introduce Christ to this lady (I call her A-san here). Out of blue my friend called me with saying "Would you talk to A-san about Christianity? she is really seeking"
So here I was, meeting someone who were very to close to be born spiritually for very first time. I didn't know what to expect or what to say but just praying that I would be sensitive to the holy spirit. We spent about an hour to talk about her back ground , her doubt and fear about making a decision. It was like a baby who almost peak out her head but refusing to go, maybe waiting for the final push. She wanted to believe but something was holding her back. Again she asked me a very simple but significant question. "Would you tell me what faith really is? " I said " I think faith is to walk with living God who created you and give you every blessing of your life" She paused and all sudden tears rolled down her cheeks.
" A peace just come down to me, the peace I never had before, I can't deny Him anymore"

A new birth. Her face was beaming with joy. I was a simple witness of what God had done. He just gave her new life and that was clear demonstration of His power.

I had to admit I had been struggling about faith myself. The long process of support raise pushed me to spiritual dessert time to time. It was God who arranged everything so that I could be encouraged by this new birth. I started to cry too, because I saw a power of living God who can give brand new life and a beatiful new born!

No comments: